Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Yoga & Chakras

Yoga - Check
Arm & Core - Check
Belly Dancing - Check

While doing yoga this morning, I kept looking back at my Chakra Healing book, but I didn't want to break my routine to grab it.  Looking through it, I already do many of the poses that are good for your chakras (and overall health), but I'd like to do more.  Which unfortunately means either getting a mat or --gasp-- putting on shoes.  I hate wearing shoes for yoga.  But I wear shoes when working out outside... I'd like to do yoga outside, too, and due to a grass allergy, I'd have to wear shoes. 

Ah, shoes...

Although my ganglion cyst is apparently gone, so no shoe discomforts. 

I have gotten in the habit of doing yoga before healing sessions, for my chakras.  To open, balance, and "stretch" them.  Warm up, yoga, exercise.  I've found that the healing session are easier since I began this practice. 

Overall, it's been easier to open up my chakras, to be honest, yoga before or not.

Some of the poses are going to be fairly challenging, but then so was everything else that I do now.  You get use to it--gotta break your body in, like a new pair of shoes....except ain't nothing new about my 35-year-old obese, stiff body. 

Not as stiff as I used to be!

Progress over time. 

Practice makes better!

Some of the poses that I do (according to this book):

  • Bound Angle Pose (didn't know this was yoga)
  • Bridge Pose
  • Cat Pose
  • Child's Pose
  • Cow Pose
  • Open Angle Pose
  • Pigeon Pose
  • Reclining Bound Pose
  • Seated Spinal Twist
  • Standing Forward Bend
  • Tree Pose


The poses that I want to try/work up to:

  • Camel Pose
  • Chair Pose
  • Cow Face Pose
  • Downward Facing Dog
  • Extended Side Angle
  • Half Boat Pose
  • Happy Baby Pose
  • Head-to-Knee Pose
  • Corpse Pose
  • Triangle Pose
  • Warrior 1 & 2
  • Sun Salutation

Most of the poses in the second part, I have done, as I've done yoga off and on throughout the years and for P90X, but those were fast paced for weightloss.  My focus for yoga now is more about stretching, flexibility, and healing work.  

Also my brand of yoga is clearly for overweight/obese people.  Got that stomach in the way, so you have to adapt.  Luckily there's loads of videos and programs for plus-sized yoga.  

I think next session, I'm going to keep the book close at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment