Friday, October 12, 2018

Welcome! Workout Journal Entry 1

Yes, I have yet another blog!  If you'd like to go and check out the others, here they be:
  1. Book of Mirrors - Main Spiritual Blog - http://witchfire02.blogspot.com/
  2. From the Mud - Wordpress General Blog - https://veiledflames.wordpress.com/
  3. Wren's Nest - Pagan Parenting Blog - https://wrenfamilymedicine.blogspot.com/

Due to having some problems with my diet lately, I decided to start an online journal to help keep me motivated and track my progress.  My 'beginnings' can be found up in the Heal the Mind, Heal the Body page, but short version:  Began to change my lifestyle in December 2016, and still doing well.  I started at 320lbs, and am now at 270lbs!  I've dropped 6 sizes and now I have the confidence to dance and get a full bodied mirror (to help with my techniques).

Since learning that I don't have diabetes and do have celiac disease, it's like my brain's wanting all of the zebra cakes in the world.  I've allowed my sugar addiction to knock me down a few pegs, however I've been exercising nearly everyday, especially on my bad eating days.  Turning that sugar into food for my muscles and working the hard.  But I need to get serious about it, so i don't return to bad habits.  I've been doing so good with my lifestyles changes, that to throw it away now would be devastating, and kicks in the faces of those w/Whom I'm doing this for.  That's simply not allowed.

I did a little better yesterday, and will hopefully do a little better today.

Why did I choose the name 'Dancing Nymph'?  Well, I have dedicated this lifestyle to my Gods, and They have responded with encouragement and reminders.  So I could've named this blog after any or all.  I was going to call it Arete or the Fit Witch, but those names are already in use by bloggers that I've recently come across, and that's not cool.  I'm sure someone also has a 'Dancing Nymph' as fun titles aren't that unique these days.

I decided on the name due to the Nymphs who've recently been in my life.  When I started belly dancing nearly a month ago, I found myself surrounded by laughing, beautiful dancing Nymphs!  Since then They're been around me, dancing and laughing.  Beautiful and encouraging.  I love the energy that they bring, it inspires me to keep dancing.  I've dedicated belly dancing to Them.

I also decided on the name because I often refer to myself and husband as the Nymph to his Satyr.  Last year for an adult costume party, he went as a horny Satyr and I as his captive Nymph.  Nothing disrespectful at all about it.  I could feel that They were good with it.

In some of my spiritual musings, I have laughed about being a Nymph who chose the form of a human...  Would explain some things I've experienced with the Gods and Nature Spirits!

Anywho, Dancing Nymph it was.  Perfect name for now.   I'm eager for my BFF and I's annual Yellow Springs trip.  I'll be in the market for a belly dancing belt and bright, flowing scarves to wear and dedicate to Their shrine.  I have a shrine that They currantly share with the Satyrs, but that's purely for sex and love.  I want one specifically for dancing and fitness.  It'll build over time.

Alas, the 5-month-old overlord calls.  I must go.

_____
Later, after eating some beef stew (protein, iron, veggies).

Today's workout:

Stretch First: legs, back, sides, arms, neck.
  1. 80 Squats
  2. 20 Pushups
  3. 20 Leg lifts from floor
  4. 20 Side Crunches
  5. 20 Crunches
  6. 20 Hip Lifts from floor
  7. 10 Kickbacks from knees
  8. 50 Calf Raises
  9. 60 Arm Circles
  10. 20 Shoulder Rolls

Belly Dancing (shoulders back, tailbone tucked, abs engaged) (I practice many of these moves throughout the day):
  1. 20 Basic Hip Lifts, double time
  2. 1 minute of Egyptian Shimmy (I do these throughout the day)
  3. 40 Hip Flicks
  4. 20 Hip Twists
  5. 20 Hip Circles
  6. 10 Ribcage Slides
  7. 20 Chest Lifts
  8. 10 Head Slides
  9. A few minutes of Walking with Alternate Hip Lifts up and down my hallway
  10. Some other movements, but I don't know the names...
Stretch again.

Yeah, feeling fantastic!  Time for lots and lots of water!  Since I'm also breast feeding, that requires double the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment