Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Her Eyes In the Darkness

Something interesting's been happening these last couple of days, not only have I been drawn to darker and more serpentine style of belly dance.  Each time, the dancers have morphed into dancing snakes through my third eye.

Then today, I was drawn to a tribal fusion video called NagaSita Cave Ritual at Between Worlds in Tel Aviv.  And just...Medusa.  Medusa came through the dancer, as if she was looking through her eyes.  It was enchanting and spellbinding.

I love it when that sort of thing happens.

Plus "Naga" is in the title.  That usually has to do with snakes!

Now, I'm going to continue with my slow progression, but yeah, I've found some tribal fusion videos to play with, too.

I've never been a dancer, I'm so inflexible--well, I used to be.  But the Gods seem to have faith in me.

Practice.

When I was a little girl, I wanted to be ballerina, but was told by family that I was too fat.  Now, at 34-years-old, 270lbs, I'm learning belly dancing, and no one's telling me that I can't.

________

Workout Journal 4:
Been working more on technique than weight loss/fat burn today, by watching several videos from Danomoon on my Arete playlist.  i did about 40 minutes of doing basic stuff from memory and working on the body wave, ribcage rotation, spinning, and hand movements. 

No comments:

Post a Comment