Sunday, October 14, 2018

Magikally Mesmerizing

All of me is sore with a dull headache today (doesn't help that I also had a mild anxiety attack last night), so instead of full blown workout, I did my little practices here and there, experimenting with new moves...in my kitchen as usual.  I wonder if that's because my Dionysus shrine is in there, and thus He and Ariadne inspire me to dance?


I also did some Youtube research on American Tribal/Fusion style belly dance, and something called Fat Chance Belly Dance (supposed to be gentler), thanks to someone in a FB group.  I've been watching/saving instruction videos and performances this evening.  Falling in love with the music (which I already knew that I liked, as it's a favorite style for drumming) and with the outfits.  I can't wait until I lose a bit more weight so I can invest in some belts, skirts, and tops.  I may even try dancing with my veils on.  I've never really been into fashion, so we'll see.  I may need my BFF's help on that one!  I don't mind being her doll.  She knows her stuff and I know nothing!

I love belly dancing.  It's so fun and sexy and powerful.  Takes a lot of core strength--it's a hidden, underdog type of workout.  And I love that I haven't just seen one body type--but a lot of different body types.  It's so empowering. 


No comments:

Post a Comment